Thursday, October 30, 2008

Spider Tea Party

Haley's Kindergarten class had a Spider Tea Party today, to celebrate the stories they finished writing in class. All the parents were invited to come and celebrate. Haley was excited for me to go, as was I. I have been volunteering once a week in her class, and we both like that. She always seems excited to see me and tells everyone I'm her mom. She's not embarrassed by me yet, I'll have to work on that!!!!

Haley and her friend Courtney both read me their books and told me their stories. It was fun listening to them talk and tell a story. Haley's story was about a princes who was walking to her castle and along the way talked to cats and other animals, the princess had a green poke-a-dot dress and a crown on. After we finished the English story with Mrs. Lewis we went to Senora Quionez for Haley's 2nd story in Spanish. That was my favorite, I am amazed at how quickly these children, who have never spoken Spanish in their short 5 years of life, are picking it up, reading and speaking in complete sentences. Haley's book had 2 complete sentences written in Spanish, and she was able to read it to me. She is even getting a cute little accent!!



After the stories had all been told the kids made their own spider cookies and then ate them. Very cute, I can't wait for the next one!

1 comment:

Craig Family said...

Hey, how did your pictures go today? I love the main picture on your blog. What a GORGEOUS family.