Friday, October 24, 2008

"It's the great pumpkin..."

Remember the Charlie Brown Holiday shows, the one for Halloween is "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown", I might be off a little but it was something like that. Every time I go to the "pumpkin patch" (not a real patch but a really nice set-up in the parking lot of the Sunset Hotel) I think of that show. I love the Charlie Brown shows, it's tradition for the Holidays! So here we are for Halloween 2008 at the "pumpkin patch"! I tried to do the traditional pumpkin patch pictures, but with all the excitement around us it was hard getting all three children to sit still and smile for a picture, I got frustrated and totally forgot to get a family one, oh well next year!


This year their was a petting zoo and pony rides, which was a treat. The girls loved going on the pony rides, the petting zoo not such a big hit. They did not like being that close to the animals, I don't see zoology in their future!








They went on the swing, this crazy bucket one, the big bounce slide and the train. Their favorite was the big bounce slide.









We decided to wait until next year for Brayden to experience his first "ride" so he spent most of his time with the pumpkins!






The final ride of the night was a train ride around the whole "pumpkin patch", Brett and I decided to let the girls go by themselves. Haley was thrilled about this and helped Mikayla get into the train and put her arm around her in a protective way. As the train was getting ready to leave Brett and I were making a big deal about them leaving on their own and saying we were going to miss them, Haley played along blowing us kisses and waving goodbye. Brett and I waved goodbye as the train rode away. It was a whole 3 minute ride and when they got back Haley still had her arm around Mikayla, but she was sitting even closer to her. I helped them both out, Mikayla was just holding me she did not want me to put her down, Haley said "she really missed you mom." It warmed my heart.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

How sweet...what good sisters they are! Seriously, how cute are your Halloween pics this year?!! All matching :)