Tuesday, October 14, 2008

All About Brayden - 18 Months

Brayden had his eighteen month well check today and he did great. He was quite the show off. He recited his ABC's and counted to 10, now he does not say every single letter exactly correct but he does a good enough job so that everyone knows what he is saying. It is so funny to hear, because he looks so babyish, and then to hear the alphabet come out of his mouth blows people away! At the store yesterday I walked out without two of my bags because the checkout clerk was so distracted with Brayden that she did not put them in my cart! His personality is so funny he loves, loves, loves to talk, sing and dance. One of these days I am going to tape him and post it, it is so cute. The doctor said two word phrases is a 2 year old development, and Brayden is already saying 3 and 4 word phrases, so he is ahead of the game, go Brayden (mommy bragging rights)!! Actually, what I told the doctor was, finally he is doing something ahead, it took him forever to do anything! He was not walking or talking at one year and did not start walking until he was 15 months and then he took a break from it for a few weeks further, until finally he walked most of the time. At least my worries have been put to rest, for now anyway!
Brayden's stats

Height - 33 inches 50%-75% ...he has big feet, hopefully that means eventually he will be tall!
Weight - 25.4 lbs 25%-50% ...that would explain him walking out of his pants all the time!
Head circumference - 48 1/2 cm 50%-75% ...he does have a big head!



Fun things to know about Brayden

  • He likes the toilet, he has a fascination with it. He plays in it, flushes it and puts things in it to flush. I actually sat him on it once without a diaper to see what he thought and he loved it. He had no idea what he was suppose to do, he just kept shouting bathroom, bathroom!
  • He does not like being in his car seat.
  • He loves to run around with other kids and play on the play sets at the park. He loves going down the tallest slides.
  • He absolutely hates to have his face washed off!!
  • He likes taking baths but does not like rinsing his hair (getting all the shampoo out).
  • He is getting much more independent and loves to feed himself. I on the other hand do not like the mess he makes (that's a battle we have allot).
  • He loves CARS, his favorite thing to play with is any kind of car. On the same note he loves wheels and will spin them and inspect them. He loves getting on bikes and scooters and pretending to ride them.
  • He does not like loud noises, he did not like the sounds of the dirt bikes or quads when we went camping.
  • He likes dogs but only from a distance, he does not want to be close to them at all and he does not like to pet them one bit!
  • He loves his sleep and goes to bed really well, he takes one 2-2 1/2 hour nap during the day and goes to bed every night between 6:30 and 7:00. He likes his bear blanket and passi when he sleeps. Now that he is 18 months I am only letting him have the passi when he sleeps, except Sundays (church, keeping him quiet)!

Here are some funny phrases he is saying

  • "we will we will rock you" this is the newest and it sooooo funny, where in the world did he pick this up from!?! Had to be Haley!
  • "boo, I see you" He covers his eyes too!
  • "mommy, poo poo" he is starting to recognize when he pees and poops, he lets everyone know.
  • "pop pop coming" "Aunt Tammy car" "Daddy home" "love you Kayla" he says this to Mikayla and Haley for some reason he is having a hard time saying Haley
  • "I love you"
  • "Thank you" "nice to meet you" and then he puts his hand out to shake!
  • he sings the Barney "I love you" song.
  • he sings the ABC song.
  • he counts to 10, 1-5 is very clear and 8-10 is very clear 6 and 7 are mumbled!
  • funniest of all is, he makes a "tooting" sound with his mouth and then says "I tooted" Love the things big sisters teach!

Last thing, when we were at the doctors I had both girls with me. And, well, with it being flu season our doctor recommended that all three kids get the flu shot. You should have seen Haley's eyes she was like what!?! When I told Mikayla what was going to happen she said "are you joking mommy?" Needless to say they were both surprised, Mikayla was easily bribed with 2 lolly pops but Haley was not and literally had to be held down by me and the nurse giving the shot. That girl freaked out. After it was all done and she finally regained her sanity she said, "mommy I decided I don't want to get my ears pierced!" I just laughed, but I know she is serious. When she turns 8 and is able to choose whether or not to get her ears pierced, I will not be surprised if she says no, she has a very low tolerance for pain!

2 comments:

Mommy to Tyler & Kendall said...

That was an excellent post! I have to say I'm quite jealous of what Brayden can say! I thought Kendall was doing well but she's no where near singing her ABC's she just nods her head. She only really sings "all through the town" (wheels on the bus) and the other day she said "Jack in the Dark" when we turned the light off on Jack and I thought no way did she just say that. But boy way to go Brayden! I do have a Kendall potty story to tell you but I won't post it here.

Amelia said...

I loved that post too!! I feel like I know little Brayden so much better now!! He is talking so much, wow!! ABCs and 1-10...seriously, a lot of the kids in my class (203 yr olds) can't do that!! Good job Jen!!...and Brayden :)