Monday, August 11, 2008

My First Tasty Barbecued Steak!

I have had many first since I moved to Nevada, but none so tasty as my first barbecue! It all started when I decided to do menu planning, I started planning out my meals a month in advance in an attempt to be more organized! I actually love it, it works for me! Anyway, last Friday night was barbecue night and I had taken out a steak a couple of days earlier for that dinner. I made a homemade marinade in the morning and had the steak marinating all day. Brett had to go to Sacramento for work so he was not home, which was not the plan when I did my menu! I decided I would just broil the steaks instead of barbecuing since I had never barbecued myself, that's Brett's job. Anyway later that day I started thinking, and thought why not, why can't I do it my self? So I went out to the barbecue, looked it over, and figured out how to turn it on. I threw the steak on, and the rest as they say is history! It turned out really good if I don't say so my self!! I have never done a food post before (hey, another 1st) so here it is, my first tasty barbecued steak!

1 comment:

Mommy to Tyler & Kendall said...

whoo hoo! Good job, I like you, have never tried to BBQ. I do have an indoor grill skillet that I use but honestly I don't even cook when Kevin is out of town. I just give the kids chicken nuggets or PB&J. You are a brave woman! I'm so proud. hehe