Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our California Visit...Beach Bunnies

I have been wanting to take the girls someplace that we could just have fun together and build some "happy" memories without all the structure of everyday life and learning. The beach was the perfect place. I had to really try not to be "mom" and just be FUN! I had a couple of slips, like when they kept getting sand on the towels, but I quickly remembered to loosen up and just enjoy the moment.













They both loved being in the water and running from the waves. Haley was really into making the biggest sandcastle and decorating it. She really worked hard on that silly sand castle, of all the things she wants to be when she grows up I don't think an engineer is in her future! Mikayla did not enjoy being in the sand at all, she tried at first to help out with the sand castle but after getting frustrated with the sand going everywhere she gave up. Funny thing is, out of both the girls she hated being in the sand the most, and spent most of her time on the towel; and, she was the one that ended up with sand all over her! After about three hours of hard playing in the sand and the ocean they were both ready to lay out!









After we were done with the messy part of the day (the sand and playing in the ocean)we walked down the pier to have lunch at Ruby's. I love their cheeseburgers, they are the best! Next, we walked to Baskin Robbins for ice cream, you can't go to the beach and not get ice cream! And finally with 30 minutes left on our parking pass the girls did some tumbling tricks on the nice grassy area Huntington Beach has. Exactly 6 hours after we arrived we headed home and I am pleased to say that both girls fell asleep in the car, only to wake up right when we got back to grandma's home! This was a great day, I am so glad we did it and that I was able to relax enough to just enjoy the company of my two beautiful girls, they really are fun to be with!




1 comment:

Amelia said...

Isn't so hard to just enjoy and "be fun" instead of a mom?! Me too!!! But it looks like you did a good job!! Oh, by the way...YUM Rubys!! I love their chicken fingers! :)