Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

We miss you daddy, Happy Father's Day!


I just love this picture. Brett had to work up in Napa for 2 weeks so he is not with us this fathers day and we miss him so much. He is a great dad, the girls love it when daddy is home, he is their prince. They want to spend every minute with him. Brayden loves and misses his dad too, they have a special bond that only a father and son could share. Brayden beams when Brett is in the room and follows him everywhere he goes! Thank you, for being such a great dad!


This is not the best picture that I have of me and my dad but it was the quickest one I could find,and I wanted to get this post done tonight. It really does not matter the picture any way because I have so many memories of my dad that are truly wonderful. This is the first fathers day without him and I miss him more then I can express. He was a great dad and I am thankful for everything he taught me and all the support he gave me. My dad was stubborn, opinionated and liked to debate, I inherited all those traits and no one could get me more frustrated then him. We could discuss or debate, whatever you want to call it, for hours. I can remember hanging up the phone after one of these incidents and just wanting to ring his neck. I would love to have one of those conversations now. He loved to call my sister and I "daughter" or "twit" depending on his mood or our mood! He believed in me, in whatever I was doing. He always said I could do anything I wanted to if I just tried, he did not believe in failure or giving up. I love you dad, thank you for being my dad!
And Happy Father's Day to my wonderful step dad, Steve and my father-in-law, Donnie. I love them both. They are great dads in their own right and I am privilege to have them in my life. Steve has been their for me in times of real hardship and has given me counsel that was both beneficial and heartwarming. I do not know what I would do without him in my life and apart of my family. And Donnie is a great grandfather to my children, they love going to pop pop's house. He has so much love inside him and it shows. He is always willing to help out when we need anything, thank you for being there for us and showing us so much love and kindness.
And no, I did not forget,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pop Pop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you don't look a day over 30!

2 comments:

grandma said...

I love your tribute to FATHERS, you and Tammy had the greatest. He always loved and supported you girls. He was a truly GREAT FATHER!!! You are blessed with good men who are in your life now. Your description says it all. Awards go to All the father figures in your life now. You and your children are truly blessed.
Love, Grandma

We are the Matthews! said...

This was a really nice post. You made me cry. :) We ARE very blessed. I love you, and we are soooo glad you are home!