Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Memories.....

Today I was not feeling well at all and pretty much in bed all day. My poor children were stuck watching TV and movies. The girls must have gotten tired of the TV because they turned it off and started playing together. In bed with my TV off too, I was able to really listen to my cute little girls play. Even though I was sick and really feeling bad, it made my heart feel good to hear them playing so well with one another. I love to listen to their pretend "grown up" conversations they have with each other. Today they played "house", "school" and "swimming lessons". Since they were playing with dolls they were both the teachers and mommies of their individual dolls. Laying there listening to them, it reminded me of when my sister and I used to play "swimming lessons". One of the "lessons" I remember well was, me as the teacher, being very insistent on Tammy diving off the diving board (our pink metal desk), and into the water (our floor). She kept saying she was scared and did not want to, and I said she had to because I was the teacher. She was a hard sell, but eventually did and ended up with a broken leg; she was in a full leg cast for a while!!! I remember feeling so bad about it, and I remember my mom getting really mad at me. Needless to say I don't remember any more "swimming lessons" after that!! I loved to be in charge and tell Tammy what to do, Haley is the same way!!! Lets hope nothing like that happens to one of my children!


Watch out Brayden, Mikayla is learning from Haley and will know just what to do as the big sis when Haley is in school!!!

3 comments:

grandma said...

Okay I'm all signed up and ready to make comments

grandma said...

I love reading and seeing the pictures of the family. I especially love to see my cute grandchildren. Grandpa and I were really glad to be at Mikayla's birthday party. We are kind of getting used to Chuck E Cheese. Loved to be with all the family. We are truly blessed with a Great Extended Family.

We are the Matthews! said...

Yeah, I hope not too!! I better sit down with Mikayla and give her some tips on being the younger sister. Wait.. what do I know, I was the one with the broken leg! :)
I dont remember much about that day. Just laying on the floor and not being able to get up. Now the shower incident I remember well!! (remember you made me get in the HOT water) Ahhh, the sweet memories of childhood.