Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Haley






I can't believe that I have a 5 year old and soon to be kindergartner. She woke up to her room decorated and breakfast in bed, well that was what was suppose to happen! Actually Haley was the first to wake up at 5:30am and wanted her breakfast in bed right then! I had her lay with me until 6am. She then had to wait in her bed until I could make her breakfast and carry it up to her, she loved that. All week she has been waiting for a decorated room and breakfast in bed, talk about the little pleasures in life! Her big gift was a big girl bike that she received on Saturday, so for today I had three smaller gifts that she was able to open at breakfast, lunch and dinner. The first was her birthday outfit with Hannah Montana flip flops and a High School Musical bracelet and sunglasses, she looked very hip for her party at preschool! For lunch she opened the High School Musical Microphone, but oops, I forgot the batteries so we have yet to hear her sing in it! And finally, after dinner and left over "Enchanted" cake, she opened a music box filled with dress up make-up, nail polish and hair clips; this was by far her favorite! She is growing up so fast, I love you, Haley Annette!!

3 comments:

Amelia said...

I love your tradition of the streamers and balloons on their bedroom door! I think I'm going to have to "borrow" that family tradition!!! Can't believe that she's already 5!!

Jennifer said...

You can borrow away, the girls both loved it. And no, I can't believe I have a five year old, I feel old!! She is so grown up too, she's not a young five by any strech of the imagination!!

Craig Family said...

Jen, I found your blog! It is darling. You definitely don't need my help. Talk to you soon.