Friday, January 23, 2009

Out in the Dirt

Brett and his dad took Haley and Mikayla out to a dry lake bed to play in the dirt! Haley has loved spending time on her new quad, she has been doing pretty well, that is until this day, she had her first wreck, she rolled the quad and ended up under it. That was the story I got, Haley and Brett told me that she was laying under the quad with her little head just sticking out. The image I get in my mind when I hear that just gives me the chills. I am so glad I was not there. Haley cried for a little while, but she rode the quad back to the truck. She did not want to go riding after that so she took a snack break, but after a while she was ready to ride again and got back on the quad. She changed her riding style a little, slowed down and was a more cautious rider, lesson well learned! All she came home with was some scratches on her tummy and on the quad!
Here is Haley out for a ride!

Here is Pop Pop out for a ride!


Here is Pop Pop and Mikayla out for a ride!



2 comments:

Craig Family said...

Wow! What a scary story. I wouldn't have wanted to see that either. I'm so glad she was ok! What a tough little girl. I think it is so cute that she loves to go riding and has all the gear and stuff. I'm sure daddy loves that too! Cute riding pictures.

MelTheo said...

Ah, the inevitable wreck. How I wish they could be avoided, especially for worry-prone Mom's and conversely laid back Dad's. I'm glad she bounced right back and got back on the quad. Atta girl!