Saturday, January 17, 2009

"Jesus Wants Me For A SUNBEAM..."

Mikayla
Christmas 2008
Yes, it is finally here, our little Mikayla is a Sunbeam in Primary and she loves it. She is just growing up so fast. She is so excited to be with the big kids now and not in Nursery with the "babies" anymore. This post is a little late considering we are going into the 3rd Sunday of the month already but what's new! She was very reverent on Sunday, she said she loved the singing time and going to her new class. She also said she wanted to talk in the micro-phone sometime soon, typical Mikayla!!!



We were given Spotlight forms to fill out for the girls this year in Primary. Mikayla and I had a chance to go through it yesterday, here are her responses (and no, I did not alter any of what she said).



My name is Mikayla Folk

I have 1 brother and 1 sister

My favorite prophet is Thomas S. Monson

My favorite song is "I am a child of God" and "Pumping up the Party now"

My unique talent is Somersaults and Running

My favorite book is Princess Books.

My favorite thing to do outside is play on the playground and put dirt in buckets!

I was born in California.

I want to be a Bus Driver, a Mommy and someone who cleans dogs when I grow up.

My favorite ice cream flavor is Rainbow (Neapolitan).

I want to go on a mission to Disneyland/California.

My favorite holiday is Christmas.



I love Mikayla very much, and am thankful for her sweet, caring, sometimes crazy, unique spirit in our family.

3 comments:

MelTheo said...

Ah Mikayla - we have so much in common. I too wanted to be a bus driver as a kid and oved "rainbow" ice cream. Oh and I currently rock out to "Pumping up the Party"!

the child family said...

How cute! I'm thinking she could roll the mommy-bus driver-dog cleaner all into one job : mother.

Craig Family said...

What a great idea for a post. I love that you wrote down just what she said. She will love that when she's older. I think I might pick Disney Land, too, as a mission. She is so sweet and sooo good in primary! You can tell she's been ready for awhile now.