Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Wheels on the Bus...



Haley had her first field trip and her first bus ride all in the same day, November 3, 2008! The Kindergartners went to The Thomas and Mac, to see a show. The Thomas and Mac is the Theater at UNLV, the kids got to watch a puppet show. It is quite a ways from the school so the bus ride was a good one. Haley had been waiting for this since the first time she heard about it. Up until the morning they went she did not really even care where they were going, the only thing that mattered to her was that she was going to ride in a School Bus! Her excitement can not be put into words and I think a little nervousness too, but she tried hard not to let that show. When I picked her up from school that afternoon she said the bus ride was fun but very bumpy, and that the puppet show was good too.
Me, being the silly mom that I am, was at the school in the morning taking pictures as Haley got on the bus. Their were about 3 other moms taking pictures too, so I was not the only one. But I was one of three that did not leave until the "wheels on the bus" rolled away! Mikayla started crying when the bus went away, she has not had a problem dropping Haley off, but she didn't like seeing her sister get taken away on a bus, it was kinda sad to see. I know, weird, but it was sad. Must be a first time mom thing, and sister thing! Next time we will be more emotionally prepared!



2 comments:

Mommy to Tyler & Kendall said...

Ah how sweet, I almost cried thinking about it. :-)

MelTheo said...

Jen-

I just read all your blog posts from September till now, and I have one clear trend emerging: You are a FANTASTIC mom! What a slacker I have been in comparision. Your blog is so fun, full of awesome activities and pictures of truly adorable kids. It is really a very detailed family history. Great job!

You do so many fun things with your kids, you are really ambitious. I am impressed, I don't think I had that much energy even when I just had one child to cart around.

I bet Brett loves it too, since he is gone much of the week - he can just check out the blog and see all the fun that his kids are having while he's at work. The only thing that would make your blog better is more posts about you. I would love to read about what YOU like too!

Looking forward to more fabulous Folks.... :)
- Melissa