Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Waiting for the Toothfairy

So, Haley has had this loose tooth for weeks now and every time she would wiggle it she would freak out. She was not worried about loosing the tooth, she was worried that it would fall out in her sleep, or that she would not know it fell out and she would literally loose the tooth and have nothing for the Tooth fairy. This tooth has been wearing on my patience, so when at McDonald's Haley started worrying about her tooth I was like not again, "stop whining". She was very insistent that I wiggle her tooth, and for a while I blew it off. All at once I saw a look of sheer panic come over her. I put my finger in her mouth and wiggled the loose tooth almost out of her mouth, it was hanging on by a string or two! We were now in real panic mode, she almost broke down in McDonald's. She winced and whined the entire drive home, all the while trying to wiggle her tooth out. I gave her three choices; one, she work at getting it out and get it out, two, she let me wiggle it out, or three, I take her to the dentist and he would get it out. She decided that she wanted to be the one to get it out, so when we got home she went right to work. I had to change Brayden's diaper and put him down for a nap so I asked her to not pull it out until I could get a pic. I honestly didn't think I had much to worry about, she was so scared about it hurting. I didn't think she would actually get it out. There were two screams in about 2 min. the first was one of pain and tears, the second was one of joy and excitement, it was that fast, the tooth was out and I did not get my picture. She was just thrilled that the tooth fairy was going to come.

I screwed up, I did not give my daughter enough credit. The night the tooth fairy was to visit our home I only had a 1, a 5 and a 10 dollar bill. I wanted to give Haley 2 dollar bills for her tooth, just so she would have two "paper monies" (that's how Mikayla talks about dollar bills, so cute). I ended up putting the 1 and 5 under her pillow thinking she would just look at it as 2 "paper monies". Later when I had a 1 dollar bill I would just switch it for the 5. It sounded like a good plan at the time. Around 6 am Haley came in my room singing "the tooth fairy came, the tooth fairy came!" "Look mom I got 2 dollars" she told me with so much excitement. Then she calmed down and was staring at the money, it was like a light went on in her brain and she perked up and said "Oh My Gosh, look mom their is a 5 on that dollar" She dropped the money and held her fingers up to help her add 5 + 1. When she got her answer she had a great big smile on her face and said "the tooth fairy brought me 6 dollars!" oops... I guess I'm not switching out the 5 for a 1 now!

3 comments:

We are the Matthews! said...

That is the funniest thing. I just thought "dang they really are going to show us up"!! :) I finally added a post. Yours are soo cute. I love the new pics. When you get home you have to tell me how to change the background on mine. Maybe then I would like it more. Have fun!! Miss you, Love you!

Mommy to Tyler & Kendall said...

Now will the tooth fairy always bring that much? hehe! Nice touch with the font.

Craig Family said...

How hilarious! She is such a smart little thing. Just don't let her go telling her friends about how much she got or the rest of us tooth fairies will get a bad rap! lol.
Glad you're back in town. Don't forget the primary practice, Fri. at 4:00 at the church. Program Sunday. :)