Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Day


This Thanksgiving was a nice one. We had the big turkey dinner at our home with Grandma and Grandpa, Mema and Pop Pop, Aunt Tammy and Uncle Ryan, Sydney, Cara and Cameron. I am counting this as my first Turkey dinner, I did have one other attempt, the first Thanksgiving after Brett and I were married, but that turkey did not even make it to the oven. At the time I did not realize that a "fresh" turkey could be frozen solid! So, now that I have learned that lesson I took on the turkey once again. This time with some success!






We set up a kids table and an adult table. The girls loved having their own table. They did a great job of trying everything even though some of the things were not what they would have normally choose.



After a great dinner and allot of football watching we sat down together to play the money game. A game that was taught to us from family on Brett's side, and is now played at most family gatherings. I won't get into all the rules of the game, but everyone starts out with three dollars, and then you roll the dice to see if you get to keep your money, pass some to your neighbor, or put it in the pot. The dice gets passed around the table until their is only one person with money left, that person is the winner and gets all the money in the pot!! We played the game three times and the three winners were; Grandpa, Pop Pop and Brett. What happen to the girls, next time it's all us, girls!


What a fun thing it is to gather around with family and enjoy each others company. I am so thankful to live around family. I am so thankful that my sister and I are able to live so close to each other and have our girls grow up with one another. I am thankful for a Heavenly Father that blesses us with families, that we can be together forever. What a perfect plan, to be able to be with the ones we love most forever. I am thankful for my husband, for the many ways he puts his family first. I am thankful that I am able to stay home and raise our beautiful children, see their special spirits, and have my faith grow by watching and learning from them. The pure faith children have, the desire to learn, to choose the right, and the unconditional love in their hearts, I want to be more like that. I am thankful for the Gospel in my life, that I don't have to raise my children without the help it brings. Heavenly Father's plan is simple and perfect and without it I don't think I would be able to deal with all the things life brings.


We were invited to a pilgrim party yesterday. It was very fun, their was crafts for all the kids to work on. One was a turkey basket that turned out really cute. On the basket each child had to write 4 things they were thankful for, here are Haley and Mikayla's 4 things

Haley
  1. Jesus
  2. Temple (Haley loves to sing the song, I Love To See The Temple)
  3. Mom
  4. Family

Mikayla

  1. Special time with daddy
  2. Family
  3. Friends
  4. Food (that's my daughter!)

1 comment:

MelTheo said...

I love reading your posts. I really liked this one because of your thankful list that allowed a glimpse into your kind heart. You are a special person, and I am so glad that I have the chance to be around you and your sweet spirit. You are awesome!