Friday, November 14, 2008

California Trip

Haley is out of school the entire month of November. It is her first track break. She was so excited to have a track break, I think it means she's now a "big kid"! We went to California for a week to visit family and friends. We didn't have BIG plans, just a week of relaxing and playing! We did go see High School Musical 3, I loved it, but I'm a Musical girl, Brett was not as impressed! Haley and Mikayla loved it. We have already downloaded a few of the songs and the girls love to show me their rendition of Sharpe, Gabrella, even Troy and Chad!



We love Fall in California. Leaves, leaves, and more leaves! Not too many leaves for us to play with in the Desert!!


Some other fun things we did while we were in California:
Have a "camp out" in a homemade fort, built by mommy!









Have a picnic at Shamel Park. Tammy and I use to go to that park to play when we were little. We had our swimming lessons in the pool that is still there. It has been updated a whole lot but it has so many great memories for me. I love going there whenever we visit. Brayden had his first enjoyable swing ride. He usually screams, cries and wants out, but for some reason this time he actually had fun and relaxed.













My mom's neighbor Celia brought over her new puppy "Bella" and the girls fell in love with her.



We went to Victoria Gardens for the afternoon. Victoria Gardens is a really nice outdoors mall in Rancho Cucamonga. When we lived there I use to take Haley and Mikayla there allot. There is a playground and a train and allot of really neat shops and resturants. We went to dinner at Lucille's, a barbique joint that Brett loves. The weather was beautiful which made the day just perfect.




















I took Mikayla to feed the ducks at Fairmont Park in Riverside one evening. We had a bag of old "duck" bread to throw out to the ducks, but when we got out of the car to walk towards the water the ducks began to charge us angrily yelling at us. I have to say it scared me to death, I thought we were going to get pecked to death. They looked mean!! I grabed Mikayla's arm and ran back to the car. When Mikayla finally realized what was happening she was scared too and started crying, she barely made it up into the car when the ducks and geese arived. We rolled down the window and threw the bread at them from the car where it was safe!












2 comments:

Craig Family said...

Your trip sounds like it was wonderful. So many fun things! The duck story cracked me up. Those darn things scare me too. Especially when they start after your kids...that makes me want to throw rocks, not bread!

Mommy to Tyler & Kendall said...

I can just see you and the ducks! haha!