Saturday, February 20, 2010

One of my New Years resolutions was to get back to this blog/journal and recommit myself to documenting our life; the good, the bad, and the unbelievable. I am off to a slow start, seeing how it is in the middle of February, but I am starting, that counts for something!



Haley is working hard on her reading skills and is coming along real nice. She made Honor Roll at her school, Walker International. She takes weekly spelling test which she manages to get 100% on most. She is picking up the Spanish more then I thought she would, although she does not particularly enjoy it right now. I am glad she has this opportunity to learn it. She says she wants to be an English teacher (not Spanish) at Walker International when she grows up. She has also entertained the idea of being a principle because then she would be the "boss of the whole school".



Mikayla loves going to ABC School for preschool. She can hardly wait to participate in the graduation program. She loves her teachers and loves learning to write her letters. She also loves to do "homework"! Right now we are working on beginning reading and writing. She is really good at writing and was able to fill out all of her Valentine cards on her own. She was very proud of that accomplishment. For Christmas she got her own beginning reading book and was able to read it and sound out the words in the book. She really enjoys learning and that is exciting to watch!



Brayden is on his own path to independence with the beginning of potty training. This January he seemed really ready to start sitting on the potty consistently, so I took the plunge!! The last week has been full of accidents and accomplishments, he is wearing underwear during the day and pull-ups at night. He has had very few accidents the last couple of days and even tells me when he has to go, but he will not poop in the toilet. I am at a loss and do not know what to do!! He is pretty much potty trained, except for the poop, what in the world??? We are going to continue to work through this, with positive results, I just know it!!



I am going to be adding new pictures and continuing to update. I am looking forward to a year full of new experiences and this blog to journal about them. I went back and read some of my older post and was amazed by how much I had already forgot, so I know that doing this is something that is worth the time and effort. I will press on!!

1 comment:

Mommy to Tyler & Kendall said...

I was so excited when I noticed your post! I haven't been up on mine (like I was) but I'm still trying. I miss you and glad you'll be updating again. I love reading what you're doing and seeing all the pictures.