Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Logandale Fair 2009

Haley and Mikayla danced again at the Longandale Fair this year. Last year I thought it was not so great because of all the dirt and dust. When we left, Brett and I both felt like we needed major showers to remove the several layers of dirt left on us. Well, this year we did not have the dirt and dust to contend with, we had the rain!!! It rained the entire day, right up to when they had to line up on stage. And needless to say I was not well prepared. No umbrellas, No heavy coats, Not even long sleeve shirts, luckily I had the girls light weight zip up hoodies in the car from the day before.


We made the best of the day and it really was not all that bad, we actually manage to smile and laugh at times! The girls got to go on some rides and eat all the good fair food, (yummy fried food). We even drank hot cocoa and ate kettle corn while sitting on a bench in the rain. The girls loved that, me not so much. And at five in the evening they were able to get on stage and perform their routines in front of a pretty good crowd.












4 comments:

MelTheo said...

Ahhhh - fair food. How I miss it! There really is no substitute. And you deserve it after hanging out in the rain all day. What a fantastic mom!

Mommy to Tyler & Kendall said...

Make sure you save these videos for when they're stars! So cute!

Craig Family said...

The videos of them dancing are so cute! Sounds like fun even with the rain.

Amanda said...

how fun!!! I will let you know when we send in out ABC paper work. Did you see me when I was running? I was almost "road kill". Here is my secret. I run 1 hr 5 times a week and then on Saturday I run a long run. i was at 14 when i saw you and was done. I was supposed to do 20 but my husband planned a work party at our house and I need to get home and clean. I felt so rude just running past you! Have a great day!