Friday, December 5, 2008

Boulder City Lights Parade

We love parades and the Boulder City Lights Parade is one of my favorites. This was our 2nd year of going and participating, well actually Haley's 2nd time, and Mikayla's 1st! I have to admit I was a little worried about Mikayla, wondering if she would be alright. However; my worries were in vain because she was fine. The previous years the young ones rode in the back of the truck that is used in the parades but this year Mrs. Brenda had everyone walking and dancing the entire parade route. I am sure glad I did not know this ahead of time or I would have been double worried about Mikayla making it the entire way without whining or getting tired. She was a trooper, she had as much energy at the end as she had when I dropped her off at the start. Haley did great too, waving her flashlights all around keeping up with the music. I did not get any good pictures of the actual parade, I could not get my camera to focus fast enough as they were walking by. But I did get pictures of all of us watching the parade after the girls finished their part in it.


















Mema and PopPop joined us on this cold night. We were all bundled up and enjoyed some yummy hot cocoa. Brayden's favorite part was all the cars of course, he especially enjoyed the little ones that drove really fast and crazy all over the street. One almost knocked me off my feet, they were driving right up to the curb! What a fun way to kick off the Christmas Season.

1 comment:

MelTheo said...

What a cute family! Especially the blonde with the adorable hat. SMOKIN!

Did you get your casserole dish back that I left on your patio table?? :)