Sunday, September 21, 2008

UNLV Football




Ok, so I don't know if it is a known thing or not but Nevada does not have any professional sports teams due to gambling and betting being legal in the state. I just recently learned this so I don't know the particulars all I know is we do not have a local pro team to root for but we do have college ball and that is really big here. Being that UNLV is the major school here in the Valley most everyone is a fan and boy does it show!! Brett planned this family night and we decided to give a game a try and see how all three kids do, what a blast!! We were full of school spirit wearing Red and white, the girls loved wearing the jersey tops and red and white beads!! Brayden along with the two girls stayed awake and alert the entire game. They cheered their little hearts out! It was a good game to, going into overtime with UNLV ultimately winning by a touchdown! Mikayla liked watching the mascot run around, she called him Cinderella boy because he reminded her of the King in Cinderella. I still do not know exactly what the mascot is, I know that sounds silly but we could not figure it out. Neither Brett nor I attended UNLV, I will have to look that one up!
Here are two sports fans for you!







A young UNLV fan!




At the end of the night, everyone was tired. Mikayla and Brayden were practically out the second their head hit the car seat. Haley on the other hand refused to give into sleep and turned into a zombie!






2 comments:

Mommy to Tyler & Kendall said...

Oh my goodness, I love those last pictures!!! Excellent Post.

We are the Matthews! said...

You guys look like you had so much fun. How cute!! I love Brayden's hair. So cute.